What Makes a Great Story Video?
Making a good story video is easy! All you need to do is sit down in a well-lit location, and have a conversation about how the Battle for the Heart has impacted your life. We’ve put together a few pointers for you here.
- Please do not include ‘bumpers’ or lead in graphics at the beginning or end of the video. We will add these to keep the branding consistent.
- Choose a location with good lighting. Avoid ‘harsh’ light sources and deep shadows. Filming outside around 4-5PM on a sunny day is great – just make sure the sun is behind the camera!
- Introduce yourselves! We love to know who’s talking!
- Have a conversation! Film two to three of your group discussing your experiences with the Battle, rather than just one person talking about it.
- Use a tripod or camera stand! The more stable the video, the better!
- Keep it short! You should be able to deliver your points in less than three minutes
- Keep it simple! Try to get your whole conversation done in a single take. Avoid adding any graphics or doing any edits to the completed video.
- Above all – have fun! Let everyone see how much you have enjoyed the new perspective that the Battle had given you, and how much God has worked on your heart!
How to Upload a Video to Youtube
- Sign in to YouTube
- If you do not have a YouTube account, you can sign up for one here: Google Account
- Click “Upload” at the top of the YouTube page
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer.
- Choose whether to share your video publicly or privately, while the video uploads.
- Once the video is done uploading, click “Publish” and be sure to copy the URL it gives you for it’s location!
- You’ll need to paste that URL into the form above to share your video with us!
What Will We Do With Your Video?
When you send us a video via YouTube, we will use software to download that video. Once we have downloaded the video, it will be edited for coherence and length. We will also add ‘Wellspring branding’ to the beginning and the end, and re-upload it to our Vimeo account.
Why do we do this?
We feel that it’s important to maintain a central location where our videos are stored, where we can keep the look, feel, and structure consistent. Also – if anything were to happen to your video in it’s original location (if it’s deleted or changed), we would still be able to display it.!
Will I still get credit for the video?
Yes absolutely! If you included your church or group’s URL in the comment box, we will include a link back to you in the video description.