The Battle for the Heart is different than most discipleship programs in that it’s not about giving you a formula to change what you’ve been doing (or not doing). The Battle is about discovering who you were created to be, as a man or a woman, in God’s Larger Story.
Yes, there are things you will do: You’ll go on some pretty intense retreats, meet weekly with your team, and spend time daily in Scripture. You’ll learn how to enter the depths of another person’s heart with humility and skill. You’ll take an honest look at your whole heart, in all its beauty and brokenness, on your own and with your team. The path will not be pain-free.
But in that year, as you enter into the truth of the Gospel within the fellowship of brothers or sisters, something mysterious and grace-filled will happen: You will experience God in a new way. We can’t tell you exactly what that will look like for you; each person’s experience is as unique as they are. But we are confident that it can happen for you, because we’ve seen it happen over and over again, in the lives of hundreds of people.
Transformation doesn’t happen in isolation. It happens when we link arms and do battle together. That’s why the Battle for the Heart is built to be experienced in teams. Together, you will join the fight for a deeply personal understanding of God and His incredible love and grace. Community is not the end result: it’s the pathway to significant, sustainable, fundamental change.
The Battle for the Heart : How the Process Works
READY TO ENTER THE BATTLE FOR YOUR HEART?
Stories From The Battle Process
Now my dead and lonely heart is coming alive! The process isn’t easy and very often I don’t like the tools God uses to mold and shape me (like suffering), but I have gained courage to walk in the way of humility as I have people to share the journey with me.
I have begun to discover a freedom for living and a joy that has changed my marriage, revolutionized my life, and directed my future more clearly than I ever thought possible.
- Our retreat pricing reflects the hard-dollar cost of events including lodging, meals, materials and facilitators. In light of this, deposits will be required to hold your space at an event.
- For teams attending an event with less than a full team of 4 team members, Wellspring Group reserves the right to charge an additional $100 per team to cover the team facilitator’s room and board.
- In an effort to work and prepare efficiently, we will be enforcing a late registration fee of $100 for any participants registered past our stated deadline.
- Dorm room rates (when available) are based on a 3-4 person occupany. Double occupancy may be considered depending on availability and will incur a per person up-charge.
- We do offer installment options for registration payments.